These are a really yummy, and different type of gluten-free pancake. I have never made them before, but I played around with them this morning and the whole family loved them, including the 10 month old baby. The plantain flour is very thick, so make sure you add enough liquid to thin it out. I would imagine some chocolate chips would be VERY nice in these. Makes 4-6 small pancakes
1 cup of plantain flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 egg or equivilant vegan egg replacer
2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
1 cup of water or milk of choice
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, coconut oil(or butter), and water (or milk) in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ones. It should be thick but easily able to pour.
- Heat a skillet on medium high (we use ceramic in our house), and wait for it to warm up. Add ghee or coconut oil. Make one big pancake, or two small, at at time.
- Top with coconut yogurt, maple syrup or chocolate or vanilla ghee! We topped with our favorite vanilla ghee.