April 18, 2020
These sound terrible when you read the title, but they are VERY tasty. They won’t leave you feeling a sugar hangover, and they are really easy to make. I used almond flour, but I am sure any other flour would sub well. I used Swerve sweetener, which is a natural sugar alternative, but I am sure real sugar or maple syrup would work well too! Get creative. Add some nuts perhaps? Some dates? Let me know how it works! Makes 12-14 cookies
4 tbsp of sweetener of choice. I used Swerve because it tastes like the real thing, is natural, and doesn’t raise your blood sugar.
1 large egg OR vegan egg replacer. I used Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
2 cups of superfine blanched almond flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips. I used Bake Believe Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, or grease it with butter like I did because I didn’t have parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix butter (soften it first) with your sweetener of choice.
- With a whisk or fork, beat in the egg (or replacement) and vanilla.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder and a dash of salt.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir to combine well. I ended up using my hands here.
- Make small tablespoon size cookies. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown. Enjoy warm!