I’ve been spending a lot of my quarantine time experimenting with new recipes. Being in a gluten-free home means a lot of corn tortillas. I had a quest to make something cleaner. All hail the CASSAVA FLOUR tortilla! They are SUPER easy to make. I added some goodies to make tacos, but feel free to eat with butter or guac. Makes 4 Tortillas.
1/2 cup of room temp water
Some salt to taste
1 cup cassava flour
2 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Add the water and salt into a bowl.
- Next, add the flour and oil. Mix with your CLEAN hands until smooth. Separate into 4 balls.
- Heat a large pan over HIGH heat. Leave the pan dry. You can either ROLL your tortillas out (I recommend the use of parchment paper), OR use a tortilla press. I placed 2 pieces of parchment paper on my tortilla press, and then carefully pressed down.
- Place 2 tortillas on large pan. Cook about 3-4 minutes and then flip. Cook through on other side, too.
- I then topped mine with shredded sautéed Brussels sprouts, chopped sweet potato and some leftover chickpea/quinoa/tomato mix. I ate it without sauce, but my husband put on hot sauce and mayo. YUM!