This recipes is hearty and super simple to make. Feel free to get creative — swap out the greens or beans for some different flavors. I’d imagine red Thai curry would go great with the recipe as is. Serve over your grain or green of choice. We do a lot of quinoa in our house because I don’t do so well with rice. Makes 4 servings.
4/5 garlic gloves, roughly chopped or pressed
1 inch turmeric and 1 inch ginger, grated
Any neutral high heat oil or butter, I use avocado oil
1 or 2 sweet potatoes, they can be purple or regular, chopped
1 bunch of kale or leafy greens, chopped
1 can chickpea, with the water
1 can coconut milk, I like the full fat kind
Quinoa or rice for serving
Salt and pepper
Additionally: any spices you want to play with.
How to make:
1) Chop your garlic and grate your ginger and turmeric. Heat your oil and add to the pot or instant pot. You can sub fresh ginger and turmeric for powdered with a few tbsp or each.
2) Once fragrant, chop sweet potato and add. Give it a good mix.
3) Then throw in the chickpeas and coconut milk. Here’s your chance to add any other spices, too.
4) Now throw in your leafy greens. Give it another good stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
5) If using an Instant Pot, pressure cook 6 minutes and then quick release. Regular pot about 15/20, or until potatoes are soft.
6) Serve over rice or quinoa. For my quinoa I estimate by doing one part quinoa, two parts water or broth, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10/15 until water is gone.